Do you love linen? Yes, me too!
The Spinning Linen Bundle features:
- the book, Homegrown Linen: Transforming Flax Seed Into Fibre by BC author and textile expert, Raven Ranson,
- an Ashford classic spindle and
- a 20g bump of flax fibre to get you started.
Homegrown Linen: Transforming Flax Seed Into Fibre is an illustrated guide to growing linen yarn sustainably at home. Learn how you can reclaim the traditional skill of growing flax, extracting the fibres, and preparing them for spinning. This book is both a conceptual and hands-on book about gardening, homesteading, and creating yarn. Appropriate for all levels of experience from the yarn-curious to the master spinner.
• how to grow flax for fibre
• how to process fibre from straw
• the tools for creating linen
• other uses for flax