Filges Plant-dyed GIANT Silks are big beautiful silks dyed with all natural plant dyes.
The edges are left raw and can be played with as is, finished with a whip stitch or used to create something else. They are bigger than the Filges Powerful Playsilks and are the biggest play silk we offer. Sometimes bigger is better.
These silks are light, flowing silk rectangles perfect for open-ended play. A staple in Waldorf classrooms and anywhere natural play with non-toxic, beautiful "toys" are important.
Playsilks can last a lifetime of play when they're looked after. The possibilities will grow as the children playing with them grow:
- Perfect for dress-up as a fairy, dragon, sunbeam, fish, wind, flower...
- Creating landscapes for play with elves and gnomes
- Nature table displays to celebrate the seasons
- Make a sling for a doll or animal
- Gift wrap (just like the Japanese "furoshiki")
- A cozy, soft sheet for sleeping
- A curtain where beautiful light shines through and colours glow
92 cm x 100 cm
Dyed with non-toxic, plant-based dyes.