Each Maplerose LET'S EXPLORE KIT is all about exploring a material and using it in all sorts of ways.
Japanese silk paper, more commonly known as tissue paper, has plenty of crafty potential! Light (candlelight + sunshine, especially) shines through it with a colourful effect, you can fold it just like kite paper, and its colour bleeds when wet creating a quick + vibrant dye.
Try 'em all with this 5-in-1 craft kit!
Let your imagination go! Get inspired! It's MAGICAL!
With the Let's Explore Japanese Silk Paper Kit see how dyeing with this vibrant tissue paper effects glass, wood and fabric through 5 different crafts:
- make a mosaic lantern
- sew a tie-dye" pillow
- create a colourful wooden egg.
- fold up an adorable heart to hang in the window or give as a gift
- cut-out a silouette to make a "stained glass" picture
Be warned, the dye can stain clothes, tables and floors so be careful with it. It will wash out of fingers, but no guarantees on the other things.
Each craft is suitable for 3 and up, with more grown-up help needed for the younger ones.
- Japanese silk paper for all the projects + more, in assorted colours
- 4 pieces of cotton fabric
- Canadian felting batting for stuffing.
- embroidery thread + needle
- wire to make a lantern handle.
- silouette template
- 1 wooden egg
You will also need:
- Paint brush
- 1 jar - a 500ml regular mouth mason jar is recommended but anything smaller can be used, too.
- Spray bottle - optional
- Cardboard to work on and keep things clean.
Assembled Nelson, BC at Maplerose HQ