Celebrate the seasons with crafts!
Maplerose's Great Big Surprise Egg Wet Felting Kit is a wonderful introduction to wet felting.
It's a great project for even the littlest of hands but also especially for Easter bunnies who need somewhere to hide treats and toys for Easter egg hunters to hunt.
The goose egg is BIG! It'll hold more than a handful of treats! And the wooden egg is not harmed during the felting process so you can decorate it when you're done wet felting or keep it to felt more eggs later.
We love using the wet felted Surprise Eggs for hiding treasures and treats outside for our Easter egg scavenger hunt.
Wet felting each egg takes very little time but they'll need to dry once felted. This is not a "day of" or "last minute" type craft if you were thinking you'd whip it up and give it to someone special. Give it a day or two because of that drying time.
- 100% Canadian batting in fun colours for wet felting at least 2 eggs.
- Corriedale roving for decorating and personalizing.
- 1 wooden goose egg to use as a form, but then to enjoy or decorate on it's own once dried or to use over and over to make a whole carton of eggs
- 1 WizPik felting needle
- Embroidery thread + needle
- Photo-illustrated instructions
*You will also need some soap and warm water.
Needle felting foam block can be found HERE.
For ages 6 to 106. Adult supervision is recommended when needle felting with children. The needles are very sharp!
Each kit created and assembled in Nelson, BC, Canada