Celebrate the seasons with crafts!
Maplerose's Surprise Egg With Chick Felting Kit is a wonderful introduction to needle felting AND wet felting. What?!
It's great for beginners to the felting world. Children especially love this project.
It should/could take around an hour to complete a baby chick or two. There are enough supplies to make at least 2 thumb-sized chicks.
*The mouse is in the photo but not available quite yet :)
Wet felting the egg takes a little more time as it'll need to dry once its been felted. This is not a "day of" or "last minute" type craft if you were thinking you'd whip it up and have it done within the hour.
A wet-felting hack to diminish drying time: Tie your egg up in a length of panty hose once you've rished out all the soap and put it in the dryer to dry. Works like a charm!
- Corriedale roving and batting for the chick
- 100% Canadian batting for wet felting the egg.
- 1 wooden egg to use as a form for wet felting - use it again and again for making felted eggs or you can paint it or dye it or decorate with decorating wax.
- Wizpik felting needles
- Embroidery thread and needle
- Photo-illustrated instructions
You will also need some soap and warm water.
Needle felting foam block can be found HERE.
For ages 6 to 106. Adult supervision is recommended when needle felting with children. The needles are very sharp!
Each kit created and assembled in Nelson, BC, Canada